Role + Responsibilities:
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Solve complex technical, scalability or performance challenges
- Define and ensure compliance to software engineering standards across the engineering team.
- Work collaboratively in a fast-growing start-up building products and services for positive social impact
- Write, test, and release world-class, production-ready code
- Understand, maintain and enhance the automated software deployment pipeline
Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
Person Specification and Qualifications:
- Experience with AngularJS /ReactJS
- Thorough understanding of AngularJS and its core principles
- Experience with popular ReactJS workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs development in NodeJS
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
- Knowledge of one of non-relational database system such as MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, HBase, BigTable.
- Knowledge of isomorphic React is a plus
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, Bower, Gulp etc.
- Expertise with code testing best practices, including unit, and integration testing to ensure quality of code (Mocha, Jasmine, Rspec, Capybara, Karma, Protractor)
- Knowledge of optimization, minification & uglification of client-side resources.
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git, SVN, Github, Bitbucket
Skills: AngularJS, ReactJS, NodeJS, MongoDB, Gulp/Grunt, HTML, CSS/SCSS/LESS, Git, Karma, Protractor